Jim Doty - Photo Blog
 

 
Photography: Photos, News, and Tips
 
 
   
 
Tuesday, July 15, 2003
 
Family

A good friend of mine told me that she couldn't understand why people got all goofy over their grandchildren. Then she saw her first grandchild, and suddenly, "goofiness set in." Our grandson was born four months ago in Germany. We have anxiously awaited the chance to see him. Our daughter-in-law and grandson finally flew here last week. Well, goofiness has set in. Laughter, giggles, silliness, wierd voices and making faces and everything else that being a grandparent means. What a joy!

Our son will leave Kosovo and fly here sometime in August. He has been there since October (his second Army tour in Kosovo) so he is very anxious to get back to the U.S. and to his wife and son. We are so anxious to see him too.

One by one, the rest of our children have come here to visit this summer. What a great summer it has been. Children are one of life's great treasures. I was driving across the country last week and had one of those "father moments" and I called all of our children to tell them I love them.

We have saved one phone message from each of our children on our answering machine. A press of a button anytime day or night and we can hear each one of them saying hello. Of course, hearing their voices means we want to chat for real, something that we do often.

Have I shown you pictures of my family? Go here. A personal favorite is the page of photos of our children growing up at O'Haver Lake. Our new grandson is here and here.

Parents are treasures too. I lost both of mine over a decade ago. I still miss them. Probably always will.

Brothers and sisters are treasures too. So are aunts and uncles and cousins and nieces and nephews. One just sent me an email a little while ago.

Just a little while ago, my wife called her mother to say "I love you."

Go ahead. Pick up the phone and call someone today. Tell them you love them.



 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives