Jim Doty - Photo Blog
 

 
Photography: Photos, News, and Tips
 
 
   
 
Tuesday, May 10, 2005
 
PHOTO OF THE DAY - BIGHORN SHEEP

Bighorn Sheep
Bighorn Sheep, Guanella Pass, Colorado. Copyright (c) Jim Doty, Jr.

I had crested Guanella Pass and was heading north toward Georgetown, Colorado. I came around a curve and found two bighorn sheep. I took my first few photos right out the car window in case they ran off. (It is a good idea to have your camera and lenses nearby for unexpected photo opportunities.) They didn't spook, so I got out of the car, set up my tripod and took some more photos. As they fed they got closer and closer until I was able to get the photo above.

Canon 10D camera with EF 100-400mm IS lens.

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives