Jim Doty - Photo Blog
 

 
Photography: Photos, News, and Tips
 
 
   
 
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
 
Happy Valentine's Day!

Shopping on Valentine's Day
Grocery store, February 14, late in the afternoon. Photo (c) Jim Doty, Jr.


Ah! Valentine's Day. I was at a local grocery store about an hour ago and the flower section was packed with men and women doing some last minute shopping. The card section was packed too and the card shelves looked like a tornado had gone through.

Despite all the reports in the media about how stressful this day can be (Men: "What if I don't choose the PERFECT gift?" Women: "What should I wear?"), I like Valentine's Day. The flowers I bought are in a vase, the card purchased, the gift ready to go, and I will take my favorite girl out to dinner later this evening. It's a good day. Maybe this day is less stressful since I am less perfectionistic than I used to be (at least that is what I keep telling myself). So what if things aren't just perfect? Flowers orders can get lost, dinner reservations get mixed up, things can and do go wrong. So? What really matters is the people we care about.

If you haven't done so already (and it doesn't matter what day you read this post) it's a good day to call, write, or email some of the special people in your life and tell them how much they mean to you.

Happy Valentine's Day!

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives