Jim Doty - Photo Blog
 

 
Photography: Photos, News, and Tips
 
 
   
 
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
 
ONE MILLION PAGE VISITS

Denali (Mt. McKinley), alaska

Morning light on Denali (Mt. McKinley), Denali National Park, Alaska.

Photo © Jim Doty, Jr.


Early in the morning of March 3, my primary photo website rolled past one million page visits. That was hard to imagine when I started the site a few years ago. In 2000, the first full year the site was online, there were 4,432 page visits for the whole year. Now the site has around 36,000 page visits per month. My thanks to all of you who visit!


I have no idea how many people have visited my web site since that particular counter starts over every month. I do know that in a typical month, 9000 different "computers" visit my web site, but I don't know if more than one person uses the same computer.


Many people find my site the first time via a search engine. I did check recently and in one day I had visitors referred by search engines in the Netherlands, Indonesia, Denmark, Great Britain, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Italy, South Africa, Sweden, Hungary, Latvia, Belgium, the Philipines, Singapore, New Zealand, the United States, and several places where I couldn't read the language to determine the country of origin.


A lot of visitors come to the site via links from other sites. Currently there are over 800 references and/or links to the pages at my site.


Based on language stats, about 40% of the visitors to my site come from Europe, 10% from Asia, and 50% from the U.S., Canada, Great Britain and other English speaking countries. The numbers from Europe and Asia are probably higher than those indicated above since a number of people from those countries probably read my site in English.


I try to keep the site as useful as possible and I get appreciative e-mails on a regular basis from all around the world. I'm glad you find my photo site and this blog useful. Come back any time.

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives