Jim Doty - Photo Blog
 

 
Photography: Photos, News, and Tips
 
 
   
 
Thursday, June 29, 2006
 

PHOTO OF THE DAY: RYAN


Ryan

Ryan. Photo © Jim Doty, Jr.


It was bright and sunny today when I took this photo. I prefer "cloudy-bright" days with soft shadows when I do portraits, but mother nature wasn't cooperating. There is enough overhang on my front porch to provide nice, soft light for portraits and allow me room to work. I prefer to do casual portraits with the camera handheld so I can move around freely and work quickly. The reduced light level in the shade of the porch meant using an ISO of 400 for reasonable shutter speeds. The white balance was set to "cloudy".


Data: Canon 5D camera. Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 IS lens at 92mm with image stabilization on. Aperture: f/4. Shutter: 1/80 second. ISO 400.

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives